Katie DeCubellis was a visionary, mentor and friend. She was killed by a drunk driver. Katie was 13. The Katie DeCubellis Memorial Foundation continues her legacy by promoting youth leadership, supporting education, and generating public awareness of the dangers of drunk driving and substance abuse.
Public Service Announcement Contest
The KDMF invites you to participate in its first annual Public Service Announcement (PSA) Contest on the topic “Driving Responsibly.” The goal is to get the winning PSA on TV and social media to help raise awareness about driving responsibly. The contest is open for high school students in RI (grades 9-12).
Prizes: First Prize: $1,000.00, Second Prize: $500.00, Third Prize: $350.00, Honorable Mention: $100.00
- Do not start production before the video creator(s) and all participants sign and email the completed KDMF PSA Permission For Use/Release Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order for the winning PSA to possibly air on TV, it needs to be shot on a smart phone or other device that shoots in high definition.
- The KDMF has purchased the rights to a specific piece of music that students need to use if they choose to have music in their PSA. (Download KDMF PSA MUSIC).
- All PSA’s must be exactly thirty (30) seconds long and must end with the KDMF logo.
- The finished PSA video can be sent through https://www.wetransfer.com/ to the email address of email@example.com. Participants should clearly label their video submission, including contact information that also includes a contact phone number and email address. Please label the submission with the creator’s name/KDMF 2017 PSA SUBMISSION.
Submissions must be emailed in by March 30, 2017.
If you have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Service Announcements
|Chris Herren talks about hitting rock bottom||Peter Manfredo Jr. packs a powerful punch|
|URI vs Providence College||Public Service Montage|
18th Annual Road Race
The 18th annual KDMF 5K road race is scheduled for Jun 11, 2017. The race is the biggest fundraiser event for KDMF and is lots of fun for everyone. There are prizes for winning runners in all age / gender groups.
KDMF In The News
Meg DeCubellis selected as one of Eight honorees in Girl Scouts Leading Women Awards (Warwick Beacon)
Girl Scouts designate KDMF recipient of 2016 Cookie Sale Service Project (Warwick Beacon)
Cranston Runners Take Top Spots in Annual KDMF Race (The Cranston Patch)
Fox News Coverage (Fox Providence)
WJAR News Coverage (WJAR News)
16th Annual KDMF road race held Sunday (WPRI News)
16th Annual Katie DeCubellis Memorial Run/Walk Set for June 7 (Go Local Providence)
The Katie DeCubellis Memorial Foundation’s 16th Annual Memorial Run/Walk and Family Fun Day (eventbrite.com)
Author Bruce DeSilva announces KDMF writing contest winners (The Examiner)
Narragansett Girl Wins Top Prize in KDMF Writing Contests (The Patch)
Cranston student among recipients of foundation’s writing awards (Cranston Online)
Narragansett – South Kingstown High Schoolers: Win $1K in Writing Contest (The Patch)
KDMF and AAA announce annual writing contest with celebrity judge Bruce DeSilva (The Examiner)
Award-winning writer to judge student contest (Cranston on-line)
KDMF and AAA kick off 2015 reminding motorists to drive safely this new year (The Examiner)
Seeking New Board Members
Interested in supporting the KDMF? Please consider becoming a board member. The KDMF is seeking board members to support various initiatives. There are many areas where your unique talents could be used to benefit this important cause. To find out more contact us at:
Katie DeCubellis Memorial Foundation
P.O. Box 3188
Narragansett, RI 02882
To apply, please fill out the form provided in the link below. Thank you for your consideration.
Board Member Application